Moving to a new home is exhilarating. You look forward to starting a new life in a new community, and you are eager for a change in scenery. While moving can be an exciting endeavor, it can also be stressful. When you are moving, so many things are happening all at once.
You are coordinating with the movers to get your belongings to your new location, and you are finalizing the details so you can settle into your new home. Additionally, you need to find enough time to pack your things and you need to make sure your utilities are connected. If you are moving across country, you are likely going to work in an entirely different office with people whom you never met.
All these changes in such a brief period can cause some strong emotions. Because moving can be stressful, it is essential that you do everything in your power to minimize your stress so you can be better focused and cope with the changes that lie ahead especially if you are moving your family across country.
One major way you can better cope with moving is to put measures in place to ensure that your move is hassle free. To guarantee that you can move your family across country hassle free, you must implement these five measures outlined below.
The most expensive part of moving across country is getting all your belongings to your new location. You will need to figure out how you will move your things, and you will need to determine whether temporary storage will be necessary. If you plan, you can move your possessions with no hassle.
When you are planning your move, you need to investigate the moving and storage options that are available and decide which you will use. You may decide to use only one of these options or a combination of two or more to move your belongings across country. Some options include:
- Hire movers to transport your possessions across country. This is the most expensive option; however, this is hassle free because all you need to do is set up the move, and then the movers will do the remainder of the work. Try Shiply for the best shipping load boards
- Rent a moving truck to drive your belongings across country. This option is not as expensive, but it will require more work on your part because you are responsible for loading and unloading the trucks. And of course, you will spend a significant amount of time on the road.
- Move your belongings using a portable storage container. Using a portable storage container for moving is a good option if you are okay with moving in stages. Moving in stages will be possible if you have temporary housing or if you will be holding onto your old home for some time.
How you move your belongings will depend on your budget as well as how much you are willing to put into moving.
Another way to ensure you can move your family hassle free is to budget for your move. As soon as you know you are moving, you must set aside money for all your expenses. When you are moving across country, expenses include:
- Air travel
- Money to pay the movers if you decide to have a moving company transport your belongings
- Deposits for turning on utilities
- Food that you will consume on your journey
- Packing supplies
- Gas for filling up the moving trucks if you decide to drive them
- Storage expenses
- Funds for purchasing products to set up your new home
- Money for first and last month’s rent along with a security deposit if you are renting.
- Funds to cover a down payment and closing costs if you are purchasing a home
To move without hassle, it is best to have your vehicles shipped. When you work with a vehicle shipping company, staff will come to your home, pick up your vehicle and transport your vehicle to your new location which will make life easier for you because the car shipping company will handle all the details.
Just make sure you compare prices so you can get the best deal on shipping your vehicle. Car shipping services are available in most major US states. Be sure to compare all the companies that appear in the first few pages and dive into their reviews and the many types of services they provide.
Finally, you need to make sure all your utilities are set up and running before you arrive at your new location. You can set up your utilities by taking the time to contact all necessary companies to get them activated.
When you implement all five of these steps, you can be sure that your cross-country move will be hassle free. You can get settled in and enjoy the comforts of home in no time at all.