Connecting AirPods to your Roku TV is an easy process that allows you to listen to your shows and movies wirelessly. Here are the key steps to get your AirPods paired and working with Roku:
- Make sure your AirPods are charged before pairing.
- Go to Settings > Remotes & Devices on your Roku TV.
- Put AirPods in pairing mode by opening the case near TV.
- Select “Add Device” and choose “Wireless Headphones” on Roku.
- Select your AirPods when they show up to pair.
Connecting AirPods to your Roku TV takes just a few minutes. By following the steps below, you’ll be able to enjoy private, wireless listening via your AirPods in no time.
Preparing Your AirPods
Before connecting your AirPods to the Roku TV, you’ll want to make sure the AirPods are fully charged. Pop them in the charging case for at least 30 minutes before pairing if the battery is low.
You’ll also need to put the AirPods in pairing mode to connect with the Roku. To do this:
- Open the AirPods charging case near the Roku TV (within 5-10 feet).
- Press and hold the small button on the back of the AirPods case. The status light should start flashing white.
- The AirPods are now discoverable and ready to pair.
Connecting AirPods in Roku Settings
Here are the steps to connect AirPods in the Roku TV settings:
- From the Roku home screen, go to Settings in the left sidebar.
- Select Remotes & Devices from the menu.
- Choose Add New Device.
- Select Wireless Headphones from the list of device types.
The TV will now start searching for available Bluetooth headphones to pair.
Pairing Your AirPods
With your AirPods in pairing mode and discoverable, they should show up in the list of available devices within 30-60 seconds.
When you see your AirPods, simply select them to pair. After pairing, the status light on the AirPods case will turn solid white.
Some key notes on pairing:
- Make sure the AirPods are close to the Roku TV when pairing.
- If pairing fails, try putting the AirPods back in the case, wait 10 seconds, and repeat the steps.
- If the AirPods don’t show up, restart the Roku and try again.
And that’s it! Your AirPods and Roku TV are now wirelessly connected. You can put the AirPods in your ears and the audio from the TV will play directly through them. Enjoy wireless listening!
Using Your AirPods with Roku
Once connected, using your AirPods with the Roku TV is seamless. Any audio playing from the Roku will automatically be routed to the AirPods within a few seconds.
Some tips for use:
- You can adjust volume directly from the AirPods themselves.
- To switch back to TV speakers, go to Roku Settings and select TV speakers.
- If the AirPods disconnect, just select them again in Roku Settings to re-pair.
- Be sure the AirPods are charged – connect them to the charging case when not in use.
Pairing AirPods only takes a minute or two, allowing you to enjoy your favorite shows, movies, music, and more completely wirelessly. If you run into any issues getting them connected or functioning properly with your Roku TV, consult the official support documentation for troubleshooting steps.
Ikram Ullah is a seasoned content writer and editor hailing from Faisalabad, Pakistan, boasting a decade of rich experience in SEO and content writing. He is particularly distinguished in the realm of technology content writing, where he excels at demystifying complex technological concepts, making them accessible and engaging for a broad audience. Throughout his career, Ikram has made significant contributions to various websites, showcasing his commitment to technological advancements and his skill in creating informative and compelling content. His portfolio includes work for littlebyties.com, republicansunited.com, and invisiblelocs.net, each reflecting his dedication and expertise in the field.